Sunday, July 13, 2008
@9:58 PM
Ouchies. I've got a bad toothache. =(
Started Friday night, felt a nagging feeling on the right side of my mouth, at the back. Molars. =(
It was quite late, like almost midnight. If memory serves. So I decided to go to sleep, hoping that it was just my body telling me to get some rest, and that the pain would just disappear the next morning.
Definitely didn't work, since the two teeth continued hurting throughout the night. Making me fade in and out of sleep. Sucks to be me, eh? Hahaha.
Anyway, survived the night. Woke up the following morning, felt that it didn't really hurt then, so I just ignored it, wishfully thinking that it would go away. But go away, it didn't. Worsen, it did. It got quite unbearable on the way home. =(
So, when I got home, first thing I did was pop a couple of painkillers. Felt super tired, so I went to lie down, waiting for the painkillers to act so that I could finally get some decent shut-eye.
Nothing much else, other than that I just woke up to eat dinner, took some more pills, then slept till morning.
Woke up, first thing I did after brushing my teeth, went to see a dentist. Had to wait till 11, since other people had got there earlier and queued up. Only fair, after all, "first come first serve". Haha.
So went back home and ate breakfast first, waited a bit, then it was time.
But, weird thing was that the pain would come and go. So when I went to see the dentist, he couldn't tell what was the problem, since I couldn't tell him exactly where I felt the pain. He said that it likely had something to do with the root canal. Which was quite serious, since it meant that decay had happened under the fillings, and that the fillings would have to be removed, and that a crown would have to be put on, after whatever problem was fixed. Which means that a lot of money is going to be involved. I'm guessing about 2 thousand bucks, for both teeth.
And a whole lot of pain too, for me. =(
So anyway, since I was there already, asked the dentist to do scaling for me. Hurt a bit, but my teeth are cleaner now! =D
I lost quite a lot of blood though. Hahaha.
Funny thing, after the scaling was done, the pain came back. So the dentist checked again, and confirmed that the problem was with the root canal. Oh, damn. =(
So now, I'm supposed to make an appointment and go down to the HPB (Health Promotion Board) to do up my teeth.
But, Wednesday.. 1500m finals.. I'm thinking of surviving on painkillers till then, because I'm scared of not being able to compete if I go to do up my teeth. What with all the recovery time and all. Haha. Besides, I don't think an appointment at such short notice is possible.
Well, end of story.
Argh argh. It's hurting quite badly now, the tooth on the bottom. Slight pressure and it hurts already. Ack, Panadol Extra not working? Looks like proper painkillers are still the best. Haha.
LOL of the day:


Sporked from Uncyclopedia! =D
{♥} by the seaside