<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33986579?origin\x3dhttp://crazysenseofhumour.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, June 14, 2008
@6:44 PM

Had a competition this morning. Ran 3000m, 1st. =D And I did a PB of 9.42 too! =)

Too bad there weren't any prizes. So it was more like a time trial actually. Haha.

Haarishankar ('C' Division Champion for Nats Cross) ran too, and realised that he's a sporting person. I mean he has sportsmanship. So um, admirable? Haha.



In other news, my 2nd Bro has went over(seas) to Malaysia! With someone else. *Ahem ahem* I shouldn't be gossiping about my sibling eh? So shall not say more. Hahaha.



Urp, was going to blog about something but I can't remember now.

So shall blog about something else.

Something about me.



So here goes. Erm, I think many people already know that I have an extremely big problem with people with attitude problems (AP).

Shall list the major parts of AP which I can't stand.

1. Thinking the world owes them a living.
2. Being boastful and overly-egoistic. (Especially when they are not as good as they claim to be.)
3. Being a weasel. Meaning, lying over and over again, even when the lies keep being seen through.

I think that's all I think. Ack, my phrasing isn't good.



Let's start off with the first one then.

There are people out there who are bossy to this point. Let's give some evidence, shall we? After all, evidence is what really matters.

I would say, this sort of behavior is very evident in MMORPGs. When people with this sort of AP start playing MMORPGs, they will definitely start out slow and weak. Also, with little resources or in-game currency too. So they beg.

In fact, it's not really begging. Since they don't ask for money like beggars do. They actually demand it from people. And when they don't get what they want, they start spewing vulgarities at the person. Insults also come in the package.

That's what really gets my gut.

Firstly, everyone should go earn their own money. Just because you might find it especially hard for you at the start (if you're playing a 'class' which needs to be high-level to be powerful), doesn't mean that you can't earn your own money. How else would those high-level people have gotten powerful? They too start small, duh.

Secondly, people don't owe it to you people to give you money. If they do, it's simply out of generosity. So don't go thinking that everyone must give you money. Especially if you don't ask politely. By politely, I mean asking like this "Excuse me, can I have some *insert in-game currency* please?"

That would be the best situation. But of course, I can't expect much from 8 year-olds can I? SO slight changes from that would be okay I guess. Just don't trade request someone and say this "*insert in-game currency* plzzzz".

So, what I'm trying to say is, get the person's attention first, with an 'excuse me' or something. Next, ASK! Not say or demand. And finally, saying 'please' would be good. 'pls' isn't what I would really like to see, but I should think it's good enough.



Phew. That's just the first point. XD

Second point then. It's quite self-explanatory actually. Don't be too full of yourself.

Evidence then. There are people in MMORPGs who boast about their high damage or possession of powerful items. But in actual fact, they can't do such damage! In the case of items, their items might be not as powerful as they claim, or simply cannot be so powerful.

For example (also for laughs), in Maplestory, I saw this level 21 Rogue who claimed he could solo King Slime (a boss in Kerning Party Quest). I doubted it, so I asked him, "How are you going to do that?" He replied, "I have a 21 WA (weapon attack) work glove." At first, I didn't doubt him, so I asked, "What throwing-stars are you using?" To which he replied, "Subi (the weakest throwing-star in the game)." At that point in time, it just didn't make sense to me. Why would a person who was rich enough to own a perfect item use the lousiest star in the game? Obvious liar. But wait, there is more. Only later, did I realise that he was wearing a white work glove instead of a brown one. So it was impossible that he was wearing a 21 WA work glove.



Alright. Third point is all written there. Nothing much to say.



So, end of story. Feel free to comment.



LOL of the day:

{♥} by the seaside

Ywelcome

Erm, welcome? Haha.

Yprofile

Zhi Ming
Feels like a girl in a guy's body
Raffles Institution
Cross Country!
27th February 1992
limzm007@hotmail.com
WISHES=)
More more more chocs! =D White ones especially.
New phone! Got it! =D
Personal laptop!
Bigger house!
World Happiness!

Yexits

Abel
Andrew
Ellie
Guan Lin
Kieran
Leon Han
Matthew
Matthias
Nigel Chua
Rachel
Sean Lim
Zebedee

Ycredits

Host: & &
Image: # #
Image Host: @
Fonts: %
Designer:

Yscream

tagboard

Yhistory

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010