Friday, October 12, 2007
@12:45 PM
I just realised that I've been playing too much and I might have gotten addicted on Maple. Like OMG MAPLE! I mean, I couldn't sleep well yesterday, so I woke up at 5 plus yesterday morning. And played Maple. Basically, that shouldn't be an excuse. An excuse to play that is. Of course, I didn't sleep well NOT because of game addiction, but like my dad put it, "Wake up then straight away play computer. You should study first! Or read some books also good." I remember I used to love books when I was a kid.
...
Haiz. Reminiscing too much.
Something I realised, the 10th is a jinxed day for me. Probably just coincidence that two bad things happened on the 10th, but better to be safe than sorry.
Anyway must be off now. To do some very overdue homework.
Shall end off with a story.
Not a long long time ago, not in a land far far away, there was a man who liked to fish for leisure. Meaning, he caught fish for the thrill for it. As such, normally when he caught a fish, he would let it go.
However, one not so fine day, he caught this really beautiful fish. It wasn't that it was that physically attractive, but he felt there was something about the fish. So he did something different. He brought the fish home to keep it as a pet. That was his first fish that he kept.
Over time, his feelings for his pet fish grew, and he loved it more and more. And he thought, "How could I have survived without this for so long?"
But one day, the fish disappeared for no reason. Try as he might, the man could not find any trace of it. He realised that it must have jumped back into the river. (The fish tank was next to the window.) It was gone for good.
He cried for days, regretting that he did not take care of the fish enough, and regretting a whole lot of c**p.
So one day, to take his mind off his loss, he went fishing again. After a while, he caught a prawn. This prawn had something different about it too, which made it different from other prawns. And just like the Chinese proverb, he thought, "No fish, prawn also good." So he brought the prawn home too.
After a few days, he realised that he could not stop thinking about the fish, and that the prawn was only there to fill the empty fish tank. The prawn seemed to notice that its owner was neglecting it, so when the night came, it jumped out the window, and into the river again.
Again, when the man found that his beloved pet was gone, he was very upset. He thought, "I'd rather not have caught the fish. I wish it had just swam far far away from my fishing rod."
But after that, he knew he could not go on like this. Replacements would never be the real thing, so he made a promise to himself.
"If there's no fish, then I won't have anything else."
BAHHH. Lame story.
{♥} by the seaside