Friday, April 27, 2007
@3:34 PM
Ooooh pictures. These were taken on learning journey day. Was above my expectations actually. So pretty happy about it, satisfying? Yes I guess so. The tour guide knew his stuff, and I don't think my group missed out on anything important.
First we went to the Labrador Battery, where the guns, to be used against Japan in WW2, were pointing the wrong way. And the tour guide explained that pointing the wrong way was not the only reason. I don't want to bore my readers, so no history lesson!

Haha no skatescooters! I wish I could post some of those signs. How useful they would be.

Woah that's a big one! *hint*
After going to the Labrador Battery, we went to this museum at Bukit Chandu, which incidentally means Opium Hill. We had lunch there and I bought sour skittles. *scrunches up face as I pop one into my mouth*
Then we went to Kranji Cemetary for this solemn ceremony. Really quiet.

Photo of a structure there, I'm not exactly sure what its called, but cool black sword in the middle.

The memorial. Excluding the cross. Quite cool actually. The pillar on top of the memorial symbolises the navy, the pillar is actually the periscope of the submarine. The "ceilings" of the memorial are the wings, symbolising the air force. (Well DUH! That was pretty obvious.) Then the "walls" symbolise the infantry. 13 rows, or battalions, or something.
Well there's a hilarious picture, but I don't have it. My phone camera can't zoom. So I'll post it when I get it. Oh and before I forget, the Burger King crown. I still don't have the picture, so be patient! Ahaha.
{♥} by the seaside