Friday, April 06, 2007
@8:06 PM
Hey! I'm baack. This was originally scheduled for yesterday, but I'm here now ain't I? So, lets get straight to the point.
Down here, we have a picture of a car crash from yesterday's newspaper. Its along Eng Soon Road or Avenue or something. So anyway, freaky thing is, I and a few other people from RI, namely my CCA mates from cross country, were going to Turf City for training on that day. So on the way, we witnessed the aftermath of this car crash. Shi Kai claimed that he saw the guy in the car looking dead and freaky. Luckily I didn't see it. So freaky thing is, we like got kinda saved. Because one of the members of the team had to answer a call from nature, so we were delayed a bit. Hmm, I probably just took the Final Destination series too seriously.

And here, we have a picture of a construction worker who did this with his helmet. Also taken from yesterday's newspaper. Pretty innovative actually, I don't think most people who have actually done this. Including me too, obviously.

So, if anyone has noticed, yesterday was first day of Qing Ming. Well I'm not exactly sure if it was the first day, but nevermind. Lets go into the topic of tradition, culture and superstition.
Basically, Qing Ming has been a Chinese tradition which is part of our culture. Its time to appreciate multiculturalism in Singapore. Personally, I think people in Singapore are quite tolerant of cultural and religious practices. I mean like we don't riot, due to whatever reason, nowadays. Hmm, am I starting to sound like I'm preaching for Racial Harmony?
So, superstition. This subject is pretty touchy actually, concerns ghosts, the supernatural and such. Actually, one reason we Chinese care so much about our ancestors is because we believe in the afterlife, so we hope our ancestors can have a good life in the afterlife. My take on superstition is that there is no harm in believing, as long as you do not become overly obsessed with it, in this case not becoming overly superstitious. So yea. That's pretty much all.
{♥} by the seaside